I’m officially in the I-can’t-focus-on-anything-because-I’m-so-excited phase of trip planning. How am I supposed to write a paper on Ernest Hemingway or study literary critical theory when it’s so much more fun to look up train times to Manchester or organize a trip to the Vatican? Aren’t first world problems the best?
As an English major though, I can say I’m incredibly excited about reading Austen and Bronte in the English countryside. Or in the heart of London. Or time to read fabulous literature at all is always exciting. Until then, it’s all papers and finals. What lovely problems to have.
How are you supposed to begin a blog? Like, “Hey, here’s my life yada yada yada.” Well, this one is basically focused on upcoming summer adventures abroad. Like, you know how people love to look through other people’s vacation photos? This blog is basically that but over a few months. Vacation photos for days. Yeah, I can tell you’re pumped! But what I can promise you is that I’ll do my best to make it delightfully charming.
Interests/Hobbies that you should probably know about before you read any more. Because the title of the blog would probably lead you to believe I’m pretty thrilling, right?
- Buying books and not reading them
- Wearing the museum sticker on my sweater for the rest of the day so people know I’ve had a more culture day than they have (Seriously, I went to the Met in March, and I’m still transferring it t-shirt to t-shirt).
- Podcasts of the NPR variety
- Travel essays
- Forcing people to watch my favorite shows on Netflix (What do you mean you never watched “House of Cards”?)
- Florence + the Machine
- Using phrases like “I can’t go, I’ll be in Europe then.”
- Billy Collins
- The Oxford Comma
So yeah, I’m pretty wild. Like, sometimes I listen to several NPR podcasts in a row.